Peppermint Essential Oil & It’s Many Uses
1. Muscle Pain Relief –Peppermint essential oil is a very effective natural painkiller and muscle relaxant. It is especially helpful in soothing an aching back, sore muscles, and greatly reducing a tension headache. A study shows that peppermint oil applied topically has pain relief benefits associated with Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Syndrome.(1)
2. Sinus Care –Inhaling diffused peppermint oil can oftentimes immediately unclog your sinuses and offer relief to sore & dry throats. Peppermint acts as an expectorant and may provide relief for colds, cough, sinusitis, asthma, and bronchitis.
3. Joint Therapy –When your joints get achy, applying some pure peppermint oil mixed with moringa oil can cool muscles like an ice bath, but help you to stay warm and dry at the same time.
4. Reduce Those Hungry Feelings–Inhaling peppermint essential oil can hold off the munchies and can help you feel full faster. If you can’t have a diffuser with you at dinnertime, try applying a couple drops on your temples or chest, or take a couple of deep sniffs from the bottle. Better yet, a quick few drops on a cotton ball is a super cheap and easy mini-diffuser!
5. Natural Energizer –For a non-toxic, caffeine free(drug) alternative to dangerous energy drinks and coffee, take a few whiffs of peppermint. It will perk you up on long road trips, in school or any other time you need to extra energy. For those with chronic fatigue syndrome, peppermint oil may improve focus and concentration. Of course, taking Moringa Extract or Powder helps get the body back in God’s order!
6. Supercharge Your Shampoo –Add 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil to your regular morning shampoo and/or conditioner to stimulate the scalp, energize your mind, and wake up! Because it is a powerful antiseptic, peppermint can also help remove dandruff and lice. Get creative!
7. Pesky Allergy Relief –Peppermint oil is very effective at relaxing muscles in your nasal passages and can help clear out the junk and pollen during allergy season. Diffusing peppermint oil can also reduce allergy symptoms.
8. Alert Problems –Try spritzing some peppermint oil on your child’s shirt before study time or spraying when one wants to relax yet still be focused.
9. Anti-Itch –Whether you’re battling a rash or poison ivy, applying some peppermint oil mixed with moringa oil if you choose(or buy it premixed here) is certain to cool and soothe any itch.
10. Fever Reducer –Because of peppermint oil’s cooling effects, it is an excellent natural treatment to bring down a fever especially in children. Simply mix (or buy premixed) peppermint oil with moringa oil and rub it on a child’s neck and on the bottom of their feet to help stabilize a fever instead of aspirin or other drugs.
11. Natural Bug Repellent for Humans AND Animals –Ticks aren’t the only bugs that hate peppermint oil. In fact, ants, spiders, cockroaches, mosquitoes, mice, and even lice will be repelled. A great natural flea and tick spray for dogs is mixing some peppermint oil with some witch hazel in a spray bottle. Just 5-10 drops per 8 oz of witch hazel and you have a great repellent! We also recommend natural garlic and brewer’s yeast powder.
12. Skin Health -Peppermint oil has nice calming effects on skin inflammation. You can mix peppermint oil into balm and body lotion for a nice cooling sensation. Peppermint essential oil can improve eczema and psoriasis when applied topically.
13. Acne Treatment –According to medical studies, one of the best Peppermint Oil uses is facial treatment thanks to anti-microbial properties so is an excellent ingredient to help cure acne naturally. Coupled with Moringa Oil it’s an incredible winner!
14. Headache Cure -Peppermint oil has the ability to improve circulation, heal the gut and relax tense muscles. All of these conditions can cause tension headaches or migraines making peppermint oil an excellent natural treatment. A study from researchers at the Neurological Clinic at the University of Kiel, Germany, found that a combination of oils, including peppermint oil had “significant analgesic effect with a reduction in sensitivity to headaches.” The oils were applied to the forehead and temples for pain relief, not taken internally.(2)
15. Hair Growth -Peppermint oil is used in many high quality hair care products because it can naturally thicken and nourish damaged hair. Simply add some peppermint oil to your current shampoo or use it with Moringa Oil as a treatment that can help stop hair loss and thinning.
16. Sunburn Relief -Peppermint oil can hydrate burnt skin and relieve the pain from sunburns. Mixed with Moringa Oil it not only calms and sooths burnt skin, it also nourishes it to encourage regrowth!
17. Reduce Nausea –A medical study found that peppermint oil uses reduced nausea that is induced by chemotherapy better than standard medical treatments. Simply rubbing 1-2 drops behind your ears, or even diffusing it can help to reduce nausea.
18. Respiratory Benefits -Peppermint essential oil has the ability to open your airways and act as a decongestant. Mix it with moringa oil oil to make a vapour rub to help reduce the symptoms of asthma and bronchitis.
19. Colic -Medical research has discovered using peppermint oil is equally effective as the drug Simethione for treating infantile colic, without the side effects associated with prescribed medications. Must be diluted with a carrier oil like moringa. Please see a qualified Dr. for more information.
Peppermint Essential Oil Studies and Research
There are in excess of 300 scientific studies referring to peppermint essential oil and over 2200 about menthol(the active ingredient). Peppermint Essential oil is a fantastic oil for you AND your pets!
This product not evaluated by the FDA and not meant to and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information and statements made are for educational purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your treating doctor. Bread of Life Moringa does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Bread of Life Moringa are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician. All our products have been sourced from a reputable organic wholesaler, however, we are each quite unique, therefore before using any herbal supplements, we suggest that you consult with a health care professional. Many herbs/supplements contain ingredients that have strong biological effects, and such products may not be safe in all people. If you have certain health conditions and take these products, you may be putting yourself at risk. Your health care professional can discuss with you whether it is safe for you to take a particular product and whether the product is appropriate for your needs.